'Mummy, there's a new girl'.


 Mummy, there's a new girl is the sister publication to Short Perspectives- a children's fiction book promoting diversity and difference.

At the age of 16, when in the midst of my childcare diploma, I found myself on placement amongst curious children- who's questions I couldn't answer. In all the settings I worked in; I had no resources to help me explain why I was small, nothing that could make it make sense in their young minds. There was no one that looked like me in any books, media or art- the book I needed as a child, and as a child practitioner didn't exist. 


SO I WROTE IT. 

5 years later, my power point presentation is now a fully illustrated, published, children's book; 

'Mummy, there's a new girl'- is a book that highlights diversity and that it's ok to be different. 
When a new girl joins the class, many of the children pick on her for her looks, but one brave little boy looks past her differences and learns that really- size is no big deal!

Illustrated by the fantastic David Smith. 
My book is available to purchase online via Amazon, WHSmith and Waterstones. 
(Signed copies available via request: lifebeinglittle@gmail.com) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Order your copy HERE.

Short Perspectives Launch Night

Meet the writer: Danielle Webb